Based in Newcastle, UK and Rome, ITALY :
Primary Kit – Roma
- Nagra VI – 8-track recorder
- Zoom F8 – 8-track recorder
- Audio Technica BP4029 stereo Gun
- Soundfield SPS200
- 2 x Sanken COS11-D lavs
- 4 x Sony UWP-D radiomic channels
- Rycote Classic
- Ambient QX and Rycote G5 booms
- Rycote Lyre mount & Baby Ball-Gag for SPS200
- Timecode Systems TCB Master + Mini TRx
The Nagra is my main recorder for all jobs at the moment.
It has been DIY-adapted by me to now be equipped with a mixing surface, increasing it’s possible uses and enabling gain and fader control for all inputs on the move, which the standard machine doesn’t permit.
The Zoom F8 is a backup and/or ancillary-rig recorder, also for use with ‘B’ cameras or smaller jobs.
The Soundfield is mainly for VR and Surround-FX recording but is also a ‘steerable’ Stereo source for Music and ambient-sound capture
The Sony UWP-D channels are comparable to the popular Sennheiser G3/4 series.
My rig is intended for use on general Documentary and Current-affairs shooting, not the ‘adventure’ genres
COPYRIGHT M.SKILL 2021